In Summer 2022, Tive released a new version of public API endpoints (v3). This version can currently be used side by side with our legacy
v2 version. The sunset date of our legacy v2 endpoints is expected in early January 2024. Tive will be providing reminders, but please make sure you give yourself enough time between now and then to make the switch over to v3 so you are still able to gain visibility and make sure your shipments arrive on time and in full.
Here are some of the highlights you can expect from our new API version:
- Self-service authentication from the Tive application
- Better platform parity. Some highlights include:
- Multi-leg shipment support
- Shipment templates
- Shipment collaboration
- Alert Presets
- No longer called Alert Profiles
- Support to specify at origin, in transit, and/or at destination alerts
- Carrier and carrier contact information is more accessible and easier to use
- Outlined how to use standardized carriers and their importance
- Introduced ability to create and edit
- Edit account name
- Change autocomplete delay
- Enable/disable an account
- Change device account
- Currently, creation or editing of geofences is not fully supported. Users can create simple radius geofences with our API, however, to create a simple radius or custom geofence Tive recommends using the Tive Platform.
- Standard and consistent RESTful conventions
Tive is aware that many people are actively using our legacy API. We didn't want to introduce breaking changes so for the near future, you can use both v2 and v3 versions until early January 2024 when v2 will be sunset.
The benefit of using both API versions is that you can implement single endpoints at a time instead of needing to overhauling your entire integration as once.
- Legacy v2:
Tive highly encourages you to migrate to v3 of our public API if you are still using legacy v2 as we do have plans to deprecate v2. From new functionality to better documentation, there are numerous changes we believe will improve your integration experience.
Have any feedback or questions? Please reach out to [email protected].
Updated about 1 year ago